If being at work is starting to feel like a drag, maybe you need a swift style upgrade.
As much as your hands may be tied by the building you work in, there are some sweet little changes that could make your office just that little bit more awesomer! Here’s what you need to know:
- Embrace the neutrality of your space: Sure, your office is painted in more than just fifty shades of grey, but is that the worst thing ever? To add a stylish flair to your space, incorporate solid, robust materials and give it a pop of colour with some cool wall art.
- Put comfort above all else: Having aches and pains at work is only going to make you miserable, so insist on an ergonomic desk chair, a comfortable desk and any other paraphernalia you might need such as wrist rests and footstools.
- Divide and conquer: Messy desks aren’t the worst thing ever… after all, if your desk is bare, what were you working on anyway? Divide up your space; mail over here, laptop over there, files at the top… people will notice its organised chaos and you’ll feel better too.
- Bring nature to work: Plants are great, but some of us simply aren’t blessed with the green fingers to look after them. If green things are just too needy for you, think about adding natural touches with driftwood, dried flowers or something super easy like a cactus.
- Treat yourself to some stunning stationary: You spend a third of your life at work, so why settle for less than the best? Treat yourself to a good pen, a funky hole punch or some other cool stationary to make you feel happier in your workspace.
- Upgrade your desk: The desk itself is the largest item in your workspace, and if yours is tatty, the whole office will feel icky. Check out the very trendy glass computer desks on our site, or go for a luxurious real wood desk for optimum good looks.
- Light it up: Giving yourself more light in which to work can improve your mood and boost productivity. If natural light is lacking in your office, take a look at daylight bulbs to help you feel more alert and less headache-y.
- Funk up the floor: If, like so many of us, you’re blessed with a hideous concrete office floor, break up the grey with a funky floor covering for under your desk. Stick to short pile rugs for easier cleaning, and show it off in style with glass computer desks.
- Add a touch of personality: Bring a little bit of you to work, whether it’s a family photograph, a pretty piece of art or a drawing your daughter did for you. It’s your space, so make it your own.
- Change it up: Every two to three months, take something away and put something new in. the addition of a new object will help keep your office feeling fresh and interesting, helping you stay motivated too.
If you’re ready to improve your office, we’ve got everything you need. From desk lighting to glass computer desks, take a look at our products and create a better working environment for yourself.