Start-up businesses and young companies are ahead of the curve when it comes to employee well-being, with many of them offering initiatives and opportunities to tackle stress in the workplace. One of the ways this can be done is yoga. Taking time out of your day to de-stress and enjoy the benefits of yoga can help ease tension and regain your focus. With plenty of great poses you can do from the comfort of your office chair, beat stress and enjoy a spot of office yoga.
3 easy yoga poses to do from your office chair
Your back, neck and shoulders can become increasingly tense because of improper posture or a poor office chair. This simple move can help ease discomfort and help you to relax.
- Begin by sitting up straight
- Extend your neck by turning your gaze to the ceiling and inhale and exhale using controlled breaths
- Touch your right ear to your right shoulder
- Roll your head towards your chest, looking down at the floor. Hold at the centre.
- Roll your head to your left shoulder, until it touches your left ear
- Repeat 5 times on each side.
A good back stretch can stretch your spine as well as your hamstrings to help make up for being cramped at your desk all day. Make sure you have plenty of space or a chair you can move easily out of people’s way.
- Begin by sitting up straight and relax your arms
- With your feet flat on the floor, move your legs so that they are just under hip distance apart, breathing in and keeping your stomach muscles taught
- Exhale and lower your hands to the floor (or to your shins or ankles – wherever you can reach)
- Round your upper back to let your chest fall between your knees, relaxing your head and neck, followed by your shoulders.
- Inhale and exhale 5 times, then slowly return to the beginning, and relax your shoulders once again.
- The cat
A good neck and torso stretch will help to alleviate aches and pains, giving you an energy boost and loosening those tight muscles.
- Begin by sitting up straight
- Roll your shoulders and relax your arms at your side
- Tighten your stomach muscles and ensure your feet are flat on the floor
- Inhale, arching your back and looking towards the ceiling.
- Let your arms relax at your side
- Exhale and round your spine, dropping your head forward.
- Tuck in your chin and let your shoulders roll and relax.
Practice yoga with Gresham office seating
Our Gresham office seating offers some great choices for your office chair, ensuring support and comfort for a more comfortable experience. Our Gresham Take Off Executive and Gresham G Series Tank chairs make excellent chairs for practicing yoga, whilst other Gresham office seating products offer practical, adjustable features to give you the perfect fit.
Explore our Gresham office seating series and enjoy the benefits of office yoga for a simple and effective stress-busting activity.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- Farnham Leather Faced Manager Office Chair - 20/09/2017
- Traffic light system helps employees stay ‘in the zone’ with no interruptions - 19/09/2017
- Feng shui tips for your office - 18/09/2017