Leather chairs offer a certain prestige in the workplace. Not only are they comfortable, but they are long lasting and retain their smart appearance. Whilst genuine leather chairs offer plenty of comfort, they can also be expensive. Faux leather makes a great alternative to real leather, boasting a similar appearance and features, with a more affordable price tag. With pros and cons for both types, of chair, it’s useful to weight up all sides before you make an investment for your office.
Pros of leather chairs
Leather chairs have many pros – they’re soft to the touch and they are fairly easy to clean as well as having that luxury element. Other pros of leather chairs include:
- They offer quality – Whilst good quality leather can be expensive, it is long lasting an offers a high-quality finish.
- They give a professional look – most typical images of high class executives feature them sat in a leather chair, a great way to make an impression on visitors and colleagues.
- They are wipe-clean – so if you’re quick after a coffee spill or after dropping some of your lunch onto it, you can simply wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Leather wears well – in time will develop a shape and finish that gives it a more unique look.
- Leather chairs are comfortable and are sturdier than most fabric chairs.
Cons of leather chairs
Whilst leather chairs do have their benefits, they also have some disadvantages, with many people preferring to purchase faux leather chairs. Some of the other disadvantages include:
- Leather isn’t considered to be as environmentally friendly as faux leather. They are also animal-friendly, which makes them ideal for those with vegan principles.
- Leather is restricted by its colour, whereas faux leather can be produced in a range of colours and patterns.
- Leather has a tendency to crack, which can affect its appearance. Meanwhile faux leather doesn’t crack.
- Leather can also fade easily under UV lighting, whilst faux leather will retain its colour and finish.
- As mentioned before, leather chairs tend to be expensive, which may not make them as cost effective for your business as faux leather chairs.
Recommended boardroom chairs
Some of the most highly recommended boardroom chairs are leather chairs. If your budget allows, you can kit it out some striking leather chairs to add a luxurious feel to your boardroom space. Faux leather varieties are recommended boardroom chairs for those with a tighter budget, or fabric chairs are ideal for creating a less formal office environment.
No matter what your preference, whether it’s leather, faux leather or fabric, you’ll find plenty of style available at Office Furniture Online. Take a look at our selection of recommended boardroom chairs and enjoy high quality boardroom furniture which will help those meetings and conferences a much more comfortable experience.