You can plan out your office to make it a back pain free zone without spending a fortune. All it takes is a little know-how and creative flair, coupled with attention to detail and you could banish back pain for good. If you have invested in some new office chairs you have made a great start but there are many other things that you can do.
Easy steps to banish back pain from your office with Ergo-Tek office chairs
Once you have purchased your Ergo-Tek office chairs have a good think about the other improvements that you can make in your office that will put health (including postural health) at the top of your priorities.
- Make movement part of your office routine. One of the biggest enemies to postural health is a sedentary lifestyle but it doesn’t end there. It has been shown that spending more than six hours a day sitting down can increase the risk of diseases such as diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease and even some cancers. You don’t have to run a half marathon during your coffee break though! All you need is small, frequent movements to reverse this effect. Try getting up off your chair every hour and walk around. You could use a step-counting device (many can be used with smart phone apps) to record your daily steps.
- Take a break, but not in a chair! Make breaks an active part of the day. If you simply walk to the break room and then slouch as you sip your morning coffee you are wasting a valuable opportunity to help your postural health. Instead, try converting an unused space in work or in your home into a mini-gym. You don’t need bulky or costly equipment; find some yoga mats, gym balls and skipping ropes and set out an area for press ups and sit-ups. It is surprising how energised this makes you when you return to your desk!
- Buy the best seats you can get. Good ergonomic seating is essential so you need to invest in a product such as Ergo-Tek office chairs. If you are serious about reducing workplace back pain this is non-negotiable! High quality ergonomic office chairs have been developed over many years by experts and can adjust to the individual requirements of the user. They will save you money in the long run.
- Spread it out! Organise the lay out of the office to make it as inconvenient as possible! Put the printer a long way away from the desks; put the coffee machine further away and even move the bin to the other end of the room. This may sound like a complete pain but it will actually encourage frequent movement and so cut down on the period of time that workers are sitting at a desk. Surely it’s better that an employee spends a couple of seconds walking over to the printer rather than a month off-sick with a bad back!
It really is that easy to get some movement into your working day.
Make the changes for postural health
Here at Office Furniture Online we can help with a range of products to help you banish back pain from your place of work. Take a look and start planning your new office lay out.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- The office filing cabinet – not just a metal box - 19/05/2018
- Chairercise: Keep fit tips you can do in the office - 19/05/2018
- Do you know what your office chair is doing to your body? - 16/05/2018