The importance of a high-quality ergonomic chair, which is set up correctly, cannot be undervalued in any type of job. However, when it comes to shift work, the utmost comfort and support are even more crucial. Shift workers are going to be sitting on their chair for extended periods of time, and if you provide them with a chair that is uncomfortable, they will experience poor posture, which can cause health issues. With that being said, below we are going to provide you with some top tips on choosing the best 24 hour office chairs.
How to choose the best 24 hour office chairs for your employees
There is a lot that needs to be considered when looking for 24 hour office chairs for your employees. Not only do you need to ensure that comfort and ergonomics go hand in hand, but it is also vital that the chairs are robust and durable. After all, they are going to be getting a lot more use than typical office chairs would and because of this heavy-duty chairs are essential. They need to have been designed and tested to withstand years and years of intensive use. So, make sure you look at the quality of the construction and read reviews that have been left by previous customers as well.
You also need to make sure that the chairs you purchase are adjustable. It is likely that they are going to be used by a number of different employees around the clock. It is, therefore, imperative that the chairs can be adjusted with ease, ensuring movement around the office is straightforward and that employees can access different screens with ease. Comfort should be provided for all staff, no matter their size or shape, and the chairs need to cater to a number of different working positions. It is unlikely someone is going to sit in the same position throughout his or her entire shift. Think about the width of the chair, as well as the armrests and the back, and make sure the height can be adjusted.
Some key questions to ask yourself before buying
There are some key questions you can ask yourself to determine whether you have chosen the right 24 hour shift chairs for your team. This includes the following:
- Is the chair safe and easy to move around the room?
- Can you access different screens using the chair?
- Will the chair accommodate different members of staff?
- Are the cushions made out of a mesh or cloth that is robust yet breathable?
- Does the chair allow for members of staff to change their posture?
- Is the chair comfortable for a long period of time?
- Does the chair provide the spine with sufficient support?
- Is the chair built to last?
- Are reviews about the chair positive?
If you ask yourself the questions above, you should have no trouble finding the perfect office chairs for your shift workers. Of course, some of the questions are difficult to answer while shopping, for example, whether the chair is comfortable for a long period of time. This is why it is important to buy from a company with a good returns policy in place.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- The office filing cabinet – not just a metal box - 19/05/2018
- Chairercise: Keep fit tips you can do in the office - 19/05/2018
- Do you know what your office chair is doing to your body? - 16/05/2018