Seriously your office is disgusting – Where to tell your cleaners to actually clean!
If you want to reduce sick days at the office it would definitely help if you knew your cleaners are actually cleaning the germs away and not just clearing away the rubbish.
An infographic by cleaning company Master Cleaners Ltd who are based in London, has highlighted the dirty little places germs hide in your clean looking office space. That being said, if your ill (like me) when reading this and your in the office, for goodness sake go home and stop spreading germs around the office.. Actually I can’t talk. Do as I say and not as I do!… Anyway back to the germs, if it’s pre-lunchtime you might want to read this after you’ve eaten or you may want to buy some protective clothing.
- Keyboards contain 70 percent more bacteria than a toilet seat.. (I bet you don’t want to hot desk anymore)
- Office phones are home to around 25,000 germs per square inch.. (go buy a headset)
- Office desks are more than 400 times dirtier than a toilet seat.. (shall we work from the loo?)
- The area on your desk where your hands rest has around 10,000 bacteria.
What can you do?
Well it’s quite obvious really, go buy one of those huge white suits you see in films – this will save you so much money in the long run.. Or you could come back down to earth and do the following;
- Avoid using other people’s phones
- Don’t eat at your desk and use the canteen (assuming they use anti bacterial cleansing agents)
- If your not well, then stay at home!
- Wash your hands regularly
- Make sure your cleaner is cleaning the handles to the toilet doors and the taps with an anti bacterial agent.