Being happy at work is not just about how much you like your job, there are steps you can take to boost your mood.
Your work space:
1. Sit up straight, it will ensure your circulation is working well.
2. Watch out for eye strain, if your eyes are dry and itchy or you find yourself squinting, your work space is too bright.
3. Get a good office chair and take the time to adjust it properly.
4. Gt a phone headset. If you allways on the phone it will make life easier.
5. Tidy up loose papers at the end of the day so your organised and ready the next morning.
6. Never say “yes” on the phone; instead, say, “I’ll get back to you.” When you’re actually speaking to someone, the desire to be accommodating is very strong, and can lead you to say “yes” without enough consideration.
7. Deal with difficult calls or emails as quickly as possible. Delaying or just putting it off makes it harder, getting them done gives a big boost of relieved energy.
8. When accepting a responsibility, think it as something that you’ll have to do next week. That way you don’t agree to a task just because it seems so far off that it doesn’t seem so onerous.
9. Go outside at least once a day, and if possible, take a walk.
10. Let yourself stay ignorant of things you don’t need to know.