If you have decided you want to set up a home office it is better to gain the support of your entire family who also live in your home before you put your plan into action and start nominating a home office room and buying office furniture.
Steps to take:
- Discuss your decision to work at home with your partner
- Clearly explain your reasoning
- Discuss both your concerns in an open and logical manner
- Discuss home office options and your office furniture layout
- Test out your ideas before actioning them
There is obviously going to be a need for certain changes at home should the decision be agreed for one of you to work from home. This may mean that a section of the house has to be allocated to being a workspace fully equipped with office furniture and which is private to the individual or, if you have a larger house it may mean that you convert one of your rooms into a home office.
When working from home it is important to manage a very strict timetable which means that you should start at the same time and finish at the same time every day. Office work and daily life must not start to slide into one another because it can lead to stress for everybody concerned.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- Farnham Leather Faced Manager Office Chair - 20/09/2017
- Traffic light system helps employees stay ‘in the zone’ with no interruptions - 19/09/2017
- Feng shui tips for your office - 18/09/2017